Little Egg Harbor Township

Little Egg Harbor Township Flood Protection Information



Stormwater Management Plan

Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan


Things New Jersey Hurricane Sandy Survivors Should Know – click here

Sandy Assistance for those with disabilities –

Ocean County Long Term Recovery Group –

New Jersey Hope and Healing 1-877-294-4357 – brochure 

Path to Renewal (offered by OceanMHS) – click here

Sandy Recovery Information frequently asked questions – click here 

Christie Administration announces assistance to help build, repair or replace accessibility ramps damaged in Super Storm Sandy.

For additional information call: 1-888-285-3036

Samaritan’s Purse is repairing and rebuilding homes damaged by Super Storm Sandy in Ocean County. For additional information – click here

Samaritans’ Purse Ocean County, NJ Rebuild Program – click here

Information on obtaining funds to repair homes from the US Department of Housing and Urban Development – click here

New Jersey Economic Development Authority (EDA) Help – click here


Little Egg Harbor Township Strategic Recovery Planning Report – May, 2014


Floodplain Management Plan Committee

The Floodplain Management Plan Committee has been organized and will hold public meetings.

Please see the Boards / Commissions page under departments for details.

Any questions on the Draft Floodplain Management Plan can be directed

Floodplain Management Plan

Little Egg Harbor Township
Vulnerability and Exposure Analysis
February, 2015 – Click here for details

Community Assets Vulnerability Assessment – May, 2016

Coping with salt water flooding – click here

Elevating Homes to Protect from Future Storms – new state grant information

Debris Removal

Contractors are responsible for the removal of any debris related to repairs being performed.  Contractors must take all demolition and construction debris directly to the Ocean County Landfill, not the LEHT Department of Public Works yard.  Homeowners performing their own repairs are also responsible for the removal of construction debris and must make private arrangements to have debris removed and taken to the Ocean County Landfill. The Ocean County Landfill is located at: 2498 Rt. 70, Manchester Twp., New Jersey 08759.  Homeowners and contractors who have asbestos material may also bring all such material to the Ocean County Landfill by appointment only at 732-323-8528.  Residents may bring small quantities of non-hazardous debris to the LEHT Department of Public Works yard (located on Rt. 539) for placement in the designated dumpster.  If you have any questions regarding debris removal, please contact the LEHT Department of Public Works at 609-296-3600.



Utilities Information

Atlantic City Electric Service Informational Letter – Click Here

Atlantic City Electric has a mobile App to help when there are power outages.  Visit

Information from New Jersey Natural Gas – Click Here

DirectTV 1-866-810-7892


SBA (U.S. Small Business Administration) – Still need help with Hurricane Sandy Repairs

Small Business Loans 
Loans for Homeonwers 

Back to Top ▲


Back to Top ▲


***To determine which zone your property is located in, view the FEMA website at  ***

FEMA Fact Sheet

Homeowner’s Guide to Elevation Certificates

Base Flood Elevations

Elevation Certificates determine your existing height for Flood insurance purposes.

Base Flood Elevation (BFE) – Maps created by FEMA for Flood Plain management

Based on a 1% chance of a significant or 100 year storm

“A” zone = indicates an area with possible wave action less than 3 feet.

“A” zone construction = Top of the bottom floor must be at or above the BFE.

“V” zone = indicates an area with possible wave action of 3 feet or more.

“V” zone construction = Bottom of the lowest horizontal member must be at or above the BFE.

*** That does not include “Freeboard”   ***

Freeboard = is a term indicating an added space between the BFE and the structure being measured.

Property owners who have reason to believe their flood zone designation is in error should work with their lender or FEMA to try and have their property and/or structure officially removed from the high-risk area.

To remove a structure from a Special Flood Hazard Area (SFHA) if it is at or above the one-percent-annual-chance flood elevation, property owners can apply for a Letter of Map Amendment (LOMA).

An application and step-by-step instructions can be found at

There is no fee for FEMA to review a request; however, the requester is responsible for any costs involved in collecting the supporting data necessary to submit an application.

To obtain your Base Flood Elevation – click here


Back to Top ▲



 In the event that a shelter site is activated, the Pinelands Regional Jr. High is the township’s primary shelter location.



Nixle Notification System

Receive trusted up to date emergency, safety and community information by e-mail or text message.

Click here to register



New Jersey Economic Development Authority (EDA) Help – click here



New Jersey Office of Emergency Management Website

Office County Office of Emergency Management Website

Ocean County Evacuation Map

Hurricane Survival Guide for New Jersey



Back to Top ▲


***Please see the attached information just released from the state regarding “Houses on Pilings.”***

Above the Flood (Elevating Your Floodprone Home)

Coastal Construction Manual – Volume 1

Coastal Construction Manual – Volume 2

Substantial Damage Information – 

Substantial Damage = damage of 50% or greater of the amount of the structures assessed value taken from Tax Assessor’s office.

*** This can be totaled thru repetitive losses as well. ***

Substantial Damage determinations can be obtained by submitting qualified contractor’s estimates, an architect or engineer’s report to the Construction Office.

In order to obtain a Substantial Damage Letter from the Township of Little Egg Harbor you must supply a report from a licensed New Jersey: (a) engineer, (b) architect, or (c) contractor.  The Township’s Zoning Officer cannot provide a substantial damage estimate.

Increased Cost of Compliance (ICC) – that portion of your insurance that provides up to  $30,000 to elevate, relocate, or demolish your home.

You must get a Substantial Damage determination to file for ICC.



When must I elevate my house?

Substantial Damage – If your home has been determined to be “Substantially Damaged” (more than 50%) you must build to the current codes and elevations.

Substantial Improvement – If your home was not “Substantially Damaged”, but you are taking the opportunity to make improvements, and these improvements bring you above the 50% of value mark, you are a “Substantial Improvement” and must build to current codes and elevations.

***  It is important to note that a “Substantial Damage” determination is required for ICC, however “Substantial Improvement” will not qualify you for the money.  ***


R-50 Zone requirements and 2013 Amendments

Requirements for new construction – Click Here

Requirements for Demolition Permit / House Raising Permit – click here

Requirements for Substantial Damage Letter – click here

Little Egg Harbor Township Zoning Application – click here

Certificate of Occupancy – House Raise -click here

Temporary Occupancy of Substantially Damaged Residential Structures – click here

Temporary Occupancy of Substantially Damaged Residential Structures Release Form** – click here

***Please note that this Release form must be included with your permit application, as well as a copy of your Substantial Damage Letter***


Permits will no longer be required when replacing insulation and sheetrock that is 4′ or less from the floor.  This is a special dispensation given due to “Sandy” by the governor.


For information regarding State of New Jersey Flood Insurance Rebuilding Requirements – Click Here

Build Back Safe & Stronger (FEMA Information) – Click Here

Repairing Your Flooded Home

Back to Top ▲


The Sandy Relief Fund for Home Repair and Advocacy Program

Ocean County Seniors or disabled residents that still need storm related work completed.

Click here for more details

New Jersey residents who have questions about grants for elevation can e-mail the state at


Back to Top ▲


Back to Top ▲


Township of Little Egg Harbor Administrative Justice Complex

665 Radio Road

(609) 296-7241

Mayor & Committee

(609) 296-7241 ext 235

Township Administration

(609) 296-7241

Ext 220 or 235

Fax (609) 294-3040



Ext 226

Fax (609) 294-3040

Purchasing Agent

(609) 296-7241 Ext 223

Fax (609) 294-3040

Township Clerk (Registrar-Vital Statistics)

(609) 296-7241

Ext: 230, 231, 232 & 233

Fax (609) 296-5352

Tax Collector's Office

(609) 296-7241

Ext: 240, 241, 242 & 243

Fax (609) 296-8516

Tax Assessor's Office

(609) 296-7241

Ext: 244, 245, 246 & 247

Municipal Court

( Little Egg Harbor Township & Eagleswood Township )

(609) 296-7241

Ext: 300, 301, 302, 303 & 304

Fax (609) 294-1068



Construction Department

( Permits - Inspections )

(609) 294-9071


(609) 296-7241 Ext: 608, 609, 610 or 611

Fax (609) 294-9065

Zoning & Code Enforcement

( Property Maintenance Complaints - Variances )

- Zoning Officer

(609) 296-7241 Ext 616

- Code Enforcement Officer

(609) 296-7241 Ext 615

Human Resources

(609) 296-7241 Ext 224

Fax (609) 294-3040

Department of Public Works

(609) 296-3600

Fax (609) 294-0746

Police Department

( Non - Emergency )

(609) 296-3666

Community Center Information:

(609) 296-7241 Ext 223

Or email

Senior Center

( Please contact the Township Administration Office )

(609) 296-7241 Ext 223


Greater Tuckerton Ministerial Association, Inc.

641 Radio Road

( Adjacent to the Senior Center )

(609) 296-1345

HOURS: Monday thru Friday 2PM to 4PM

Animal Control Officer


Hours: Monday – Friday 8am-5pm

After hours for non-emergencies, you can call the number, leave a message and will receive a call back.